The following methods are useful for you to learn how to reset windows password when your passwords are forgotten. But resetting windows password is not limited to the options. You could try your best to recall the password according to some clues. In addition, you could reinstall your operating system if you have no other ideas any more. In a word, you should just find one suits you best to reset your lost Windows XP password.
As we all know, the built-in administrator account in Windows XP is not password protected. And that¡¯s why a Windows XP user can easily regain access to his locked PC. Of course, the presupposition is that the user never adds a password to this administrator account.
1. Start or restart your PC and enter the Windows XP logon screen.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del twice to pop up the classic logon dialog box.
3. Type “Administrator” in the User name box and then click OK to log on your Windows XP machine.
4. Go to Control Panel to change or remove your password.
Method two: password reset disk
Sometimes you will be told to create a password reset disk in advance before you forgot XP password. Once you find your Windows XP password is lost or forgotten, just reset Windows XP password with the disk. The Windows XP password reset disk can be repeatedly used to reset password for your computer, so please remember to keep it in a safe place. Otherwise, unauthorized users can log on your computer and get access to the precious data on it. It will be a disaster for you if your privacy is leaked out.
Method three: password reset software
In addition to the two methods above, you can also perform windows XP password reset with third party password reset software. It can help you reset Windows XP login password by burning a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive once you forgot password Windows XP.
1. Download the password reset software and installs it.
2. Burn the ISO image file on the program to a USB flash drive.
3. Set your locked computer to boot from USB drive.
4. Reset forgotten Windows XP password with the burned USB flash drive.
Name : 3 methods to reset windows XP Password
Author : dailyfreeware.net
Updated : 2012/08/24, 7:53 am