brand-new Ashampoo FireWall is different. ItÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚Â¢s Configuration Assistant guides you through every step of the the simple setup process. And Easy Mode makes using it a breeze ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œ you donÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚Â¢t need any special technical knowledge and everything is explained clearly.Ashampoo FireWall is also amazingly compact. Even with its four additional security tools itÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚Â¢s a tiny program that uses very little memory and computer resources. You get the heavy-duty protection without heavyweight overload on your system.
Ashampoo has years of experience in making programs simple to use. The Ashampoo FireWall user interface explains itself, every step of the way. The information is right there on the screen where you need it, so that most users will never need to consult the help. But detailed help is also there when you need it.
Activate expert features if you need them
This doesnÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚Â¢t mean that Ashampoo FireWall is a lightweight program. On the contrary, it has a full range of expert features if you want to use them ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œ just activate Expert Mode and youÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚Â¢re ready to go.
For example, in Expert Mode you can create detailed rules for every program, specifying exactly which ports and which types of connections you want to let it use. Experienced users can also monitor both local area network connections and the internal connections inside your own computer. You also get detailed information on all your computerÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚Â¢s internal, LAN and external connections and communications settings and statistics, updated continuously at user-defined intervals.
Features and tools:
* Heavy-duty firewall protection: Monitors all your computerÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â´s network activity and protects you against both incoming and outgoing connections.
* Easy Mode: Get full protection in seconds with Easy Mode and the Configuration Assistant. No expert knowledge required.
* Expert Mode: Experience users can activate this mode for powerful additional capabilities.
* Simple and compact: Self-explanatory user interface. Very small program that uses minimum memory and resources.
* Learning Mode: Automatically identifies programs that try to make connections and lets you decide whether you want to allow them. One-click operation in Easy Mode or full configuration in Expert Mode.
* Rules: Create rules for every program that controls how they can access the network. One-click in Easy Mode or full configuration in Expert Mode.
* Block All: One-click panic button for emergencies that lets you block all traffic, for example if you are under attack or suspect that a malicious program is active.
Technology highlights for the experts:
* Monitor local connections: Ashampoo FireWall can also monitor the local connections used inside your computer. Useful for identifying suspicious activity. Can be enabled or disabled.
* Monitor LAN connections: Monitor all the local LAN traffic into and out of your computer. Can be enabled or disabled.
* Connection log: Detailed logging of all internal, LAN and Internet connections with date, time, application, port used and IP address.